Seeds For Democracy
Our flagship education program to develop competences of Malaysian youths on active citizenship, voter education and participation in political, economic and social life through experiential learning and simulations
The first Seeds For Democracy programme was held on 14 - 17 March 2020 in Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur and was participated by 150 selected Malaysian youth leaders from across Malaysia
Organized in collaboration with the Malaysian Reform Initiative (MARI) and United States Agency for International Development.
What is Seeds For Democracy?
An intensive 4-day democracy-building camp with the objective to:
- Encourage active participation of young people in socio-political democratic life on the local and national level in order to strengthen young people's voices in Malaysia by using different tools for empowerment;
- Raise awareness about the learner-centered approach in developing non-formal educational activities for young people on the topic of citizenship education;
- Foster mutual understanding, solidarity, intercultural learning and intercultural dialogue between young people coming from different cultural backgrounds, and to provide the opportunity for young people to develop multiplying initiatives to be implemented in their communities;
- Share experiences and good practices of citizenship education from the local level among different target groups;
- Decentralize activism and citizenship education by empowering and training young Malaysians to organize programs in their own local communities
The modules for the first Seeds for Democracy programme on 14 - 17 March 2020
Empathy Through Leadership Workshop
An exploration into the different identities that we hold as individuals. Are identities fixed? Can they change? What are my different identities? These are questions that participants will be able to answer at the end of the activity.
Through the exploration of different identities, the aim is so that participants understand each other better, empathize with those who are different from them and can better understand their own self.